Restored Majestic Medieval Castle from 1127, Steeped in History Throughout …
Advert Reference: 2486
For Sale By AgentAgency: AB Real Estate View Agency Find more properties from this Agent
|€850,000 is approximately:|
- Type: Residential (Château, Country House, Maison de Maître, Manoir / Manor House), Maison Ancienne, Maison Bourgeoise, Detached
- Bedrooms: 10
- Habitable Size: 680 m²
- Land Size: 1,337 m²
- Character / Period Features
- Off-Street Parking
- Renovated / Restored
- Rental / Gîte Potential
This impressive castle stands in a dominating position overlooking the charming and lively village in the Minervois Corbières area, Languedoc Roussillon, Occitanie, South of France. The daily croissant as well as a restaurant are within walking distance, other shops are just a few kilometres away. A glance through the stately wrought iron gate into the large courtyard shows the imposing stone staircase leading up to the ground floor of the Castle and part of the façade with dominating towers. A large, bright entrance hall with a beautiful mosaic floor and the high ceiling show straight away the unexpected elegance of this restored property. The medieval Castle offers very comfortable indoor/outdoor living with large French doors from all reception rooms accessing the South facing garden with terrace and swimming pool. A 360° view combined with the ambiance of plenty of history on each step is overwhelming. The Castle offers very bright and good sized rooms with high ceilings matched with authenticity and splendid views over the village and surrounding countryside. The outbuildings, stable and first floor of the garage (in order to keep the luxury of having a large garage) could be converted into further apartments. The property offers huge potential for a luxury B&B business with Gîtes, wedding venue/event business or is ideal as a prestigious family home.Description of the buildings
The medieval castle offers about 600m² of living space over 3 floors.
A beautiful monumental staircase leads to a large solid entrance door.
- Prestigious entrance hall 57m² with beautiful mosaic floor with original stone staircase opposite leading to the first floor,
- fully fitted kitchen 34m² with oak parquet floor and a beautiful marble fireplace, pantry 8m² in the East tower, a French door leading to the South facing garden with terrace and swimming pool
- dining room 39m² with carved wood panelling, a oak parquet floor and a marble fireplace, 2 French doors leading to the garden, a walk in cupboard 5m²
- sitting room 23m² with wood panelling, a parquet floor and a oak fireplace, a French door leading to the garden, access to the West tower
- Lounge 30m² with a fireplace, tiled floor, French door to the paved terrace
- curved corridor to the north terrace
- WC and vestibule 5m²
- store room 3m²
- wine cave 30m² below the lounge area
- landing 11m² leading to the corridor 26m²
- bedroom 23m² with fireplace and en-suite bathroom 7m², dressing room 3.2m²
- vestibule 4m² leading to a terrace 60m²
- bedroom 17m²
- master suite with bedroom 23m² with fireplace, dressing room 19m², shower room 8m²
- bedroom 17m² with en-suite shower room 3.4m²
- bedroom 12.5m² with en-suite shower room 6m²
- study/bedroom 10.3m²
- separate toilette 6m²
- landing 13m² leading to the corridor 26m²
- bedroom 26m² and en-suite shower room 5.6m² in the tower, dressing 2m²
- bedroom 18.8m²
- bathroom 13.6m²
- bedroom/office 14m²
- room 10m² with tower 8m²
- bedroom 13.8m²
- 2 rooms to restore 12m² and 18.6m² with tower 3m²
- large tower 8m²
Swimming pool 8m x 3m
This ground floor apartment offers about 85m² of living space.
lounge 24m², fully fitted kitchen 7m², corridor, bedroom 12.5m², bedroom 19.6m², bathroom 7.75m², laundry room, terrace / courtyard 41m²
There is a huge commercial potential since those buildings could be converted into apartments, an event room etc.; all subject to planning permit.
Stables 240m²: 120m² with still some boxes, another 120m² on the 1st floor
Garage 280m²: 140m² on the ground floor and another 140m² above
Cellar 25m²: storage below the Château
The total size of the land is 1451m² with various outside spaces. A courtyard of about 240m² at the entrance provides access to the Castel, the apartment and the outbuildings. Outbuildings are accessed as well from a public place. There is another terrace on the North side of about 120m². The lovely South facing garden, laid to lawn with automatic watering system, overlooking the village, with bushes and flowers, a terrace and swimming pool, has a size of about 360m². And the terrace of 60m² on the first floor adds to the various outside spaces.
Except a very few rooms, as described above, the Castle has been restored over the past 5 years and is in excellent condition. New matching wooden double glazed windows and French doors throughout, heating by exchange pump and a few electric radiators in some bedrooms. Letter B on the energy report proofs that this Castle is exceptionally well insulated. Automatic gates, cat 5 system throughout, alarm system and cctv. Town water and town sewage.
DPE report from 12.2.2023 C (170/5).
Rare to find such a Castle, full of history, and in turn key condition! Low maintenance, ideal for a main residence, wedding venue/event business, luxury B&B with Gite activity or long term rent of apartments or just a large secondary home to reunite the family for holidays.
|€850,000 is approximately:|
Property added to Saved Properties