Guides and Information on France
Buying French Property and Living in France
Welcome to our Guides to France, your indispensable on-line resource to French property ownership, visiting France and living in France.
As well as comprehensive guides on property related topics we provide information on some of the other key issues about which you will need to be informed, such as the tax system and healthcare.
With an increasing number of younger households seeking to find a new life in France we have provided guides on schools and education in France, as well as information on starting and running a small business in France.
The Guides are updated on a regular basis in the light of new information or changes in the law.
We provide information on new Guides, as well as news on substantial changes to existing Guides, in our popular and free Newsletter. You can sign up to receive the Newsletter into your mail-box each month.
- Buying Property in France
- Société Civile Immobilière (SCI)
- Buying Off-Plan
- Buying at Auction
- Selling Property in France
- Renting Property in France
- Top Tips
- Liability to French Income Tax
- Your French Income Tax Return
- Calculating Your Income Tax Liability
- Payment of Income Tax
- Social Charges/Social Security Contributions
- Taxation of Investment Income
- Local Property Taxes
- Wealth Tax
- Capital Gains Tax
- Gifts Tax
- Tax Investigations
- Complaints System
- Land Registration
- Property Boundaries
- Boundary Walls
- Noise Nuisance
- Rights of Way
- Water Usage
- Trees and Shrubs
- Driving Offences and Penalties
- Importing and Registering a Vehicle
- Vehicle Registration Process & Transfer of Ownership
- Vehicle Registration Taxes
- MOT Vehicle Tests
- Applying for a French Driving Licence
- Vehicle Accident Forms
- Crit'Air Emissions Sticker
The Guides expand substantially upon our previous 'Reference' section. If you are looking for the this section, it is still on-line and available at France Information, although it is not being updated.
Your feedback is always welcome and you can let us know what you think by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Guides to France are published for general information only.
Please visit our Disclaimer for full details.