Home Properties Rentals Guides to France Services Directory French News
Log-in | Register



Property In France
Estate Agents
Properties for Sale
Property Spy
Property Folder
Newsletter Sign-up
Newsletter Archive
Business Opportunities
French Health Insurance
French Home Insurance
French Mortgages
French Planning
French Law Advice
French Tax Specialists
Property Management
Transfer Money to France
Metric Unit Conversion
French Bank Accounts
Sell a house in France
French property listings
Holiday rentals in France
Long term rentals in France
Partner advertising
pointerUseful Links

pointerNetwork Sites
Lakes France
French Luxury Property
Ski Property France
Buy a Gite
pointerRegions Of France
Champagne Ardenne
Franche Comté
Languedoc Roussillon
Midi Pyrénées
Nord Pas de Calais
Normandy (Lower)
Normandy (Upper)
Paris Ile de France
Pays de la Loire
Poitou Charentes
Provence Alpes Côte d'Azur
Rhône Alpes

W & M Insurance Brokers

About us

W & M Insurance Brokers

A comprehensive insurance broker giving you access to over 20 Insurance Companies, (Swiss Life, Hiscox, Axa, April, Allianz, Generali, Amis,...) to obtain competitive premium for all types of personal insurance requirements (Health top up, home, car, personal liability, professional liability, travel, pet, etc.). Our team is led by Mr Mark Roudil for our Expatriate / English speaking clients and assisted by Catherine Wirth who lived and worked in Great Britain for 20 years.

We pride ourselves on a reputation built over 25 years based on an efficient and personal service. As independent brokers, we do the shopping around on your behalf: it is not simply a case of selling you a policy, but making sure that you have the right cover for your requirements and that, should you have a claim that we accompany you and make sure that this is processed quickly and efficiently.

Moving to a new country with different regulations can sometimes be a bit overwhelming so hereinbelow a brief guideline of the Insurance requirements in France.

Our services

Top Up Health Insurance in France

Before you can affiliate to a voluntary insurance scheme you must be registered with the health service. If you are of retirement age, or you are being covered through S1 arrangements, you need to make application to register in the health service to your local Caisse Primaire d’Assurance Maladie. If you are an employee, your affiliation to the health service will be handled by your employer, who may also offer a company based scheme of voluntary insurance, called prévoyance collective, covering you and your family. These schemes often provide, not only complementary health cover, but also offer additional insurance cover in relation to death, incapacity, unemployment and retirement. They are not generally offered by smaller employers. There are different level of the guarantees available and often expressed as a percentage of the official social security tariffs. So a basic contract might offer you 100% reimbursement of official rate, but as the charges imposed by the doctor or consultant might exceed this rate, you would still be left having to fund some of the costs. A more expensive contract might offer you 200% to 400% of the official rate, which would cover a greater percentage of your actual costs.

Home Insurance

Firstly whether you will be renting or purchasing your forthcoming home it is obligatory to have insurance. French house insurance policies always begin from a point of third party liability, and this forms the basis of the house policy for occupants of your residence. Properties in France are insured according to size and number of rooms, and it is essential that you declare these correctly. Cover can be declared invalid if you add rooms to a house and fail to inform your insurers of the extra space created Rooms that must be counted include bedrooms, sitting rooms, kitchens bigger than 30 square metres, dining rooms, studies and libraries, games rooms and even covered enclosed terraces or conservatories. It is obligatory to have buildings cover, and this must also include cover for natural disasters such as earthquakes, forest fires and floods. Most house insurance policies in France are multi–risk. You also need to cover the contents of your home . French law defines contents as any movable items, so you will need to decide what level of cover you require. It is possible to insure new for old, but you will of course, pay a higher premium for this type of cover. If you have any especially valuable items you will need to have them valued by an expert. It is also worth noting that it is important to have original invoices or photographs of your contents.

Car Insurance

Car insurance is a legal requirement in France. Not having car insurance is an offence There are a number of options open to expatriate drivers who wish to drive in France. The best way forward depends very much on individual circumstances and requirements, and depends to some considerable degree on whether or not you are a resident of France, of another European Union country, or of a non EU country. If you are going to reside in France for over 6 month’s you will need to have an International driving licence or transfer your current licence to a French one. With regards to insurance, it is basically three tier, with the minimum legal requirement being third party insurance (au tiers) only. Remember this is essential on all vehicles even if off road. The next level is third party, fire and theft, (au tiers illimité, or au tiers complet) and the third is the fully comprehensive, (tous risques) A no claim bonus can be transferred from another country and a letter from your previous insurers confirming your driving record and accidents is accepted here.

More information

Facebook page: www.facebook.com/WMInsuranceBrokers

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any additional explanation you may require.

Catherine, Mark, Philip

Contact us
For more details please enquire using the blue button below.
EnquireClick here to printSend to a Friend

15 Place Pierre Renaudel

Primary Phone Number+ 33 (0)557 80 43 35
Website View Website

Couldn't find what you are looking for? Search again now!
Custom Search

AdvertisingLinksHelpInfoContact UsFrance InformationRegionsVersion Francaise

Copyright © French-Property.com | Property in France | Rentals France