French Public Holidays 2011
Tuesday 18 January 2011
There are 14 public and bank holidays in France, so here are the dates you need to note in your diary for 2011.
- Saturday 1 January - New Year's Day (Jour de l'An).
- Friday 22 April - Easter Friday (Pâques).
- Sunday 24 April - Easter Sunday (Pâques).
- Monday 25 April - Easter Monday (Lundi de Pâques).
- Sunday 1 May - Labour Day (Fête du Travail)
- Sunday 8 May - VE Day - (Fête de la Victoire 1945).
- Thursday 2 June - Ascension Day (Ascension Catholique).
- Sunday 12 June - Whit Sunday (Pentecôte).
- Monday 13 June - Whit Monday (Lundi de Pentecôte).
- Thursday 14 July - Bastille Day (Fête Nationale).
- Monday 15 August - Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Assomption).
- Tuesday 1 November - All Saints' Day (Toussaint).
- Friday 11 November - Armistice Day (Armistice 1918).
- Sunday 25 December - Christmas Day (Noël)
As will be seen, a number of the public holidays fall on a Sunday. By local agreement employees may given an extra day paid holiday in lieu, but this is not obligatory.