French Public Holidays 2013
Tuesday 08 January 2013
There are 12 public holidays in France, so here are the dates you need to note in your diary for 2013.
- Tuesday 1st January - New Year's Day (Jour de l'An)
- Monday 1st April - Easter Monday (Lundi de Pâques)
- Wednesday 1st May - Labour Day (Fête du Travail)
- Wednesday 8th May - VE Day - (Fête de la Victoire 1945)
- Thursday 9th May - Ascension Day (Ascension)
- Sunday 19th May - Whit Sunday (Pentecôte)
- Monday 20th May - Whit Monday (Lundi de Pentecôte)
- Sunday 14th July - Bastille Day (Fête Nationale)
- Thursday 15th August - Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Assomption)
- Friday 1st November - All Saints' Day (Toussaint)
- Monday 11th November - Armistice Day (Armistice 1918)
- Wednesday 25 December - Christmas Day (Noël)
As will be seen, a number of the public holidays fall on a Sunday. By local agreement employees may given an extra day paid holiday in lieu, but this is not obligatory.