(LONG TERM LET)
Your Historic Riverside Getaway in the beautiful village of Gourgé.
€770 Per MonthPrice:
Nearest Sizeable Town: Parthenay
Location: 8 min walk into the picturesque village of Gourgé
Land Size: Unknown
This property is To Rent
from the owner
- Private River Frontage, Fishing, Cycling, Mapped walking tracks
- 8 min walk to the village Restaurant & local Shop
- Large spacious Gîte, 2 ensuites, 3 toilets
Distance from the nearest beach: 123 km
Distance from nearest golf course: 30 km
AVAILABLE MARCH to JUNE 2021 at the special rate of 770€ per month. AVAILABLE again from OCTOBER on... for a long term let. 😆 Check out our website http://frenchcountrygetaway.com
"au pont”, a relaxing and comfortable Historic French Riverside Country Home, with its original exterior is a pre-Nepoleonic building, which for many years operated as a Café/Bar. Situated on the riverbank of the Thouet River, with a Medieval Water Mill and Weir on one side, and an 11th Century Romanesque Bridge on the other. This French Country Gîte offers 1/4 acre of beautiful gardens, boules, basketball, table tennis, fishing, boating and private river frontage. If you enjoy leisure fishing, Bream, Roach, Carp and Trout are there for the keen angler.
The scenic walk into the village of Gourgé takes 8 mins, and there you will find the bakery, local store, restaurant and one of the oldest Churches in France, Saint Hilaire. Les Sentiers de Gourgé (the 5 mapped walking/cycling trails), are a well known activity in the region, due to the scenic and historic paths they follow.
Further details for the Gîte
* Chambre 1 – Country and meadow views, Queen size bed, reading alcove and en-suite complete with shower and toilet
* Chambre 2 – Northern country views, 2 x single beds and en-suite complete with shower and toilet
* All Linen supplied
* Spacious Day Room – Stereo TV, DVD player, 1 Lounge, 1 Sofa bed and a large Day bed
* Dining Room/Reading Room – Fire place, Bookcase of reading material, Recliner chair, Dining table. This room has great views and has another door that opens onto the path that leads to the 11th Century Roman Bridge and the River Thouet. This path is one of the Compostella Pilgrim trails (the Way of St James) that came through the village of Gourgé and across the Roman Bridge. It is a 1 minute walk.
* Additional toilet downstairs
* Large self-contained kitchen, with a full size fridge freezer, microwave, electric oven, gas cooktop, and coffee machine. Great views from the double glazed kitchen window.
* Garden furniture and shade covers
* Private BBQ area
* 1/4 acre of garden that reaches the river, so you can relax, fish or canoe on your private section of the riverbank
* Full length French boules court
* 1/2 court basket ball
* Table tennis table
Electricity and Timber for the fire-place is additional to the monthly rental. High Speed Interent is available on request. Family pets considered :)
Poitiers Airport and Train Station is a 50 minute drive from Gourgé
La Rochelle is 118km away, Bordeaux is 244km, Nantes 133km, Saumur in the Loire Valley 71km away
You can find us on Facebook (French Country Getaway) or On our website
|€770 is approximately :
|US Dollars :
|Swiss Francs :
|Canadian Dollars :
|Australian Dollars :
|Hong Kong Dollars :
Please note that these conversions are approximate and for guidance only. They do not constitute sale prices.