Wednesday 11 March 2020
We are pleased to announce the release of our guide to the health system in France 2020.
We receive many enquiries about health cover in France, and there is a lot to say about it, so its a topic that warrants a substantial guide.
We have expanded the guide this year with new sections on prescription medicines, consultants and transport.
We have also revised the guide to take account of the changes introduced to the PUMA charging system.
Other changes that have been incorporated are those concerning dental treatment, as a result of the reduction in charges for certain treatment as well as a substantial revision to the page on the health complaints system.
You can obtain access to any part of the guide by clicking on any one of the headings below.
1. Structure of Health System
2. Getting Health Insurance Cover
3. Protection Universelle Maladie (PUMA)
4. Voluntary 'Top-Up' Insurance
5. Getting Assistance with Health Costs
6. Your French Health Card
7. Your Family Doctor
8. Prescription Medicines
9. Using Consultants
10. Hospital Treatment
11. Accident and Emergency
12. Treatment of Long-Term Illness
13. Maternity Care
14. Travel and Transport Costs
15. Dental Treatment
16. Opticians and Opthalmic Treatment
17. Breast Screening
18. Complaints System