15. House Insurance in France - Assurance Multirisque Habitation

Once the property has been handed over you will need to take out the usual 'all risks' household insurance.

The insurance is called assurance multirisque habitation.

You should also take out some basic insurance during the progress of works against perils such as storm damage and ground movement.

One of the advantages of household insurance, is that you can normally opt to get cover for with legal costs in the event of a dispute, but you need to be clear that the policy will cover construction related disputes.

You can read more in our guide to House Insurance in France.

Next: Index - Building a New Home

Back: Local Property Tax

The Guides to France are published for general information only.
Please visit our Disclaimer for full details.