Chateau-du-Loir Property Insight
Chateau-du-Loir is a French town located in the Sarthe department – Pays de la Loire region. It houses about 5,100 inhabitants called the Castéloriens. It is the economic centre of the south west of Sarthe and of the north of Indre-et-Loire.
Château du Loir is a charming town gathering history and culture. Numerous monuments are of interest, let’s quote some of them. Saint Guingalois church is a Gothic-style religious edifice of the 12th and 14th centuries. Stained glasses last from the 19th century and the bell tower was built in 1824 and. Its name comes from Saint Guénolé whose relics were transferred there. Gaze at the castle tower which is the only vestige of the old stronghold. Between the French Revolution and the 19th century, the tower was used as a jail.
Visiting the railway museum will let you discover the site of the 50’s and a renovated swing bridge. This relaxing while may be followed by the seeing of the Récollets area. A former convent, the town hall installed there a school and then the police station. Today, it houses the cinema and an exhibition room.
Search for Chateau-du-Loir Property now!
Chateau-du-Loir Immobilier & Property Market Trends
Chateau du Loir property market is accessible for almost any budget. This is also the perfect town whether kind of investment you choose: second home, main home, lets and even combining home with work by setting up a guest house. You can either buy a property (to renovate or not) for next to nothing or pitch on luxury properties. Indeed, it is quite easy to find bargains: many properties are under €100,000. Heavy properties are for sale between €700,000 and €1,000,000: they are a good type of property if you are looking for setting a Bed & Breakfast. Finally, with 47.6% of tenants in the area, it should be a good location if you are looking for a buy-to-let investment. The latter solution should be fast profitable to you considering the numbers of tenants in the town.
To get updated info about property prices in Sarthe, please browse our French Property Market Reports published in the News Section every month.
Click here to have an overview of Pays de la Loire Property Prices.
3 Reasons to Buy a Property in Chateau-du-Loir
- Historical heritage: Chateau-du-Loir has a rich historical past which can be seen throughout its monuments. The Hundred Years’ war did not spare the fortified commune which was looted and destroyed by the British. During the 16th century, Chateau du Loir became an important economic centre for the making of clothes, tanneries and textile mills. Kings of France and kings of England fought over this town until the 18th century because of its strategic location. It was governed by King Henri II and King John of England.
- Tranquillity: Chateau du Loir is located in the Sarthe department, an attractive area for its scenery and quietness. There, you will discover a relaxing way of living, an idyll for nature lovers. This is the perfect location if you want to live next to thriving centres but still in calm places. It is also a good asset for investors as more and more people want to move in remote towns while working in big cities.
- Location: Chateau-du-Loir is situated at a strategic location since in the countryside but close to the French capital Paris. Settling there will thus allow you to combine the remote lifestyle (nature, simple life) with the city’s assets (transports, dynamic areas and so on). From the big cities, it is then easy to reach other European countries and especially the UK. Angers airport also offers flights to the hub of Southampton and thus to Birmingham, Dublin and Edinburgh.
Property Styles and Architecture in Chateau-du-Loir
- Detached houses: they have no typical architecture style, except the roof made of slate tiles. They are located in the countryside and offer thus a beautiful view and quietness. Detached houses in general come with a garage and a land but may also hold outbuildings, attic and courtyard. They are the ideal type of property for people who want to settle in the area.
- Town houses: situated in the town centre, they are very close to all amenities i.e. shops and schools. They are often attached to other properties with could reinforce the neighbour links. Town properties can have a piece of land, a garage and/or a terrace. They may be an interesting kind of property for a first investment or a buy-to-let as often cheap and thus accessible to low budgets.
Click here for more info about the Architecture in Pays de la Loire.
Search for Chateau-du-Loir Property now!
Couldn't find what you are looking for? Search again now!
The Guides to France are published for general information only.
Please visit our Disclaimer
for full details.